The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Thursday 7 January 2010

The First

Finally I have made the time to tackle the IT stuff, thank goodness for snow days!

I am developing several lines of enquiry at the moment and trying to make sense of them. I have hats to make for Lotherton Hall and Platt Hall with deadlines in February, both linked to historical ideas. Trying to find the direction for my MA is proving elusive, but thoughts of identity and disguise keep re-appearing so that will need some following. Then there is the work that pays the bills, just sorting out my schemes of work, not enough hours in the day.

Developing ways of creating feathers, the shape of feathers that i want to use and how they will sit on the hat form. I had been going down a crow route, and doing drawings from photographs, when I was at the Leeds Archive on monday I got to see an actual crow(well stuffed) in flight and it was huge can't quite see that fitting on a hat and in an exhibition case, so may have to go back to the idea of sparrows!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment