The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Testing Time

The title is true in so many ways, from working out how to get your plinths down and up two flights of stairs with no lift access, waiting for the AV store to open, sourcing display furniture, never mind the horror of working out what items to bare your soul with. I think i have felt sick all day...... The technicians as ever were fantastic in their help and guidance into getting the right equipment even when it involved borrowing without asking?

Anyway I still have quite a bit more to do before my first crit on Friday so here are my initial phases of work on the walls and I still have a film to do. Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.






The working title at the moment is 'How do they make it that cheap?' but this may change. Just looking at the photos I have been umming and aaghing as to whether to include the shirt from last stage I think its better removed.

4 comments:

  1. Think the mirror is working beautifully - love the one where the dress has slipped off the hanger - something rather powerful about the first two images. Great work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you; but more importantly thank you for being a fab critical friend, your words of encouragement and direction in hanging (which absolutely terrifies me) is much appreciated.

    Your work looked fabulous so professional and contained :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so finished and beautiful - wish I had been that organised last year! Hope it goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hannah that's very kind. It didn't feel finished just like me exploding my head onto the walls and seeing what gained a response. The feedback was really useful though. x

    ReplyDelete