The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Saturday 24 July 2010

Labels

I began the week interviewing for the HNC course and sending out postcards to museums and shops hoping to create interest so making lots of labels for envelopes.  Tuesday I was labeled in hospital, name and number on each wrist then a band to state my allergies, a humbling process, took me back to the birth of my sons and their name labels, so small now in comparison to them.

Holed up in bed, having consumed two novels, well one was loosely a novel! I thought I would begin work on the withdrawn book project which has begun a real Sherlock Holmes feel to working out how to create a piece of art work and solving what the purpose of the book was to start with: more labels.

Lots of work to be done.

Then I had the yearly school labeling to be done, which was also a benchmark as suddenly only one of my children has uniform and this will be for just one more year. The nostalgic feelings brew, from the memories of the first days of school uniform and aiming to be the 'good enough mum' with the labels all in place to the chaos of getting school uniform just in time for school to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment